Avail our expert fertility specialists’ opinion for free.
You can send us a WhatsApp message on +91 90812 33800 and chat with our specialist.
Over the years, there has been an increasing number of couples coming forward with their fertility issues. They are seeking expert advice on their reproductive health proactively. It’s no longer a topic that’s only discussed behind closed doors.
Thanks to innovative technology and excellent treatment from renowned fertility doctors, you have the best chance of conceiving at Nisha IVF, anIVF centre in Ahmedabad.
The team carefully assesses each patient’s condition at our IVF hospital in Ahmedabad. It enables us to correctly identify the reasons for reproductive problems and the appropriate procedure to suit the patient’s requirements. We provide cutting-edge male and female fertility testing with a solution-oriented approach.
Nowadays, couples are frequently having difficulty conceiving. No doubt, it does worry them. However, fertility specialists recommend young couples try for a year to conceive naturally. Normally, you won’t become pregnant on your first try, but if you can’t conceive even after a year of trying, it is a cause for concern.
Infertility is a condition that affects both men and women. It is usually caused by poor sperm quality, diabetes, pelvic or testicular injury, cancer or cancer treatment, varicocele, obesity, etc. Male factor infertility is present in 40 to 45 percent of all cases of infertility.
However, in many situations, no underlying cause is discovered. A sperm analysis should always be performed as part of the first evaluation to determine treatment choices appropriately.
Premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction can also make it harder to conceive. Sexually transmitted infections need immediate treatment as they might impact sperm quantity and quality. You should consult a reproductive doctor as soon as possible.
What is semen analysis?
Semen analysis is a test wherein the fertility specialist examines a man’s semen quality. A lab technician will evaluate a semen sample for a variety of factors that can affect fertility. The analysis is an essential aspect of many reproductive treatments such as IUI, IVF, etc.
Why is it necessary to undergo semen analysis?
Often men will have their sperm tested if they are having trouble getting their partner pregnant. If you have been trying to conceive for a few months to a year and haven’t been successful, you should seek semen analysis. It is not uncommon for a male fertility test to be done with a female fertility test.
How can semen analysis help?
Semen analysis may detect a set of attributes in both the sperm and the semen, like:
• Sperm Count – The number of sperm present in a millilitre of semen is measured in sperm count. Male fertility decreases when the sperm count is low.
• Sperm Morphology – It evaluates the shape and structure of sperm to ensure that they are in good condition.
• Sperm Motility – Here, sperm’s ability to swim properly is seen. Sperm that can’t swim well will have a harder time fertilizing the eggs.
• Semen Volume – The volume of semen present in your ejaculate might have a significant impact on your chance to conceive with your spouse.
• Fructose Level – Fructose in sperm aids in its nourishment and energy production. Low fructose levels may impair sperm viability.
• Liquefaction Time — After ejaculation, semen turns gel-like for 20 minutes before becoming liquid. The timing can affect fertility.
• Semen pH – Problems with the alkalinity or acidity of your sperm might lead to sperm health issues.
The fertility specialist can develop a customized treatment plan for you by noting all of these factors.
Treatment for male fertility
Fertility specialists can treat some forms of male infertility with a change in lifestyle and diet that can affect the composition and pH of the sperm.
If there are problems with sperm count or motility, you may require various reproductive treatments. IUI and IVF can boost your chances of having a child. Treatment like ICSI Ahmedabad is the most opted male fertility treatment.Using a sperm donor may be the best option for starting a family in some instances.