ICSI Treatment in Ahmedabad
Are you struggling to experience the joy of parenthood?
Do you fail to conceive due to male factor infertility?
If yes then, there is a ray of hope for your infertility issues: Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI).
ICSI treatment is a tested and proven solution for infertile males to become fathers biologically.
At Nisha IVF, we provide one of the best ICSI treatment in Ahmedabad helping couples to achieve pregnancy.
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) Treatment in Ahmedabad
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) is an assisted reproductive technique that involves injecting individual sperm directly into the cytoplasm of the mature egg. It is often used in combination with IVF to improve the fertilization phase.
ICSI is a revolutionized treatment for couples with severe male infertility. It pushes the sperm to attach to the egg for fertilization which the sperm is unable to do on its own. At Nisha IVF, our expert IVF doctor in Ahmedabad are proficient in performing ICSI treatment at an affordable cost.
Indications for ICSI
ICSI assists in overcoming infertility issues, when:
- The male partner produces low sperms to do artificial insemination such as IUI or IVF.
- The sperm has low motility or difficulties in penetrating the egg.
- The sperm has an abnormal shape, especially at the head or tail region.
- The blockage in the male reproductive tract may prevent the arrival of the sperm.
- The eggs have not fertilized by IVF, despite the condition of the sperm.
- Using In vitro matured or previously frozen eggs.
Steps involved in the ICSI procedure:
Step 1: Egg retrieval
After the suppression of the hormones, the induction of ovarian stimulation takes place to retrieve the eggs. The clinician nder sonography guidance inserts a microneedle into the ovaries via vaginal route and then into the egg follicles under suction to collect the eggs.
Further, the embryologist treats the eggs with an enzymatic culture solution to discard impurities on their surface. It is the process of hazing, and it helps in the selection of only genetically mature eggs.
Step 2: Sperm retrieval and preparation
In ICSI, the most common way of sperm retrieval is, the male patient can give their semen sample. Another method of sperm collection is through Testicular Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (TESA) technique. It involves the insertion of microneedle in the testicle and aspiration of the sperms. The aspirated sperms are treated with dilutions for easy selection of mature sperms.
Step 3: Sperm selection
In the IVF technique, the embryologist selects around 100,000 high-quality sperms and incubate them with mature eggs. But, in the ICSI process, the embryologist selects a single, motile and normal-appearing sperm with good DNA integrity to inject into a mature egg.
Step 4: Sperm injection
With the help of an injection pipette, the technician collects a sperm cell and injects it directly into the egg. The sperm is picked first from the tail to ensure that the head enters the egg. A small suction is applied to slightly break the egg membrane so that the sperm releases through the pipette and microinjects the egg. It helps the sperm to penetrate the egg. After 40 to 70 hours, the egg is frequently checked under a microscope for signs of fertilization.
Step 5: Embryo transfer
The process of fertilization begins once the sperm is microinjected into the egg. Further, the fertilized egg matures into an embryo within four to six days. The developed embryo is placed into the uterus.
The embryos reach the blastocyst phase on the fifth day, and at this stage, it is capable of attaching to the uterus. Under the expert’s supervision, the developed embryo having a large cluster of six to eight-cell is transferred.
What happens after ICSI?
Following two weeks of the embryo transfer, the would-be mother has to do a pregnancy test using a blood report or urinary pregnancy test kit. Further, you have to inform the test results to the fertility centre. The test results will determine the future progress of your IVF treatment.
What is the ICSI cost in Ahmedabad?
The ICSI cost is a bit expensive than the IVF cost in Ahmedabad. But the results of ICSI are more successful compared to IVF.
The cost of ICSI treatment in Ahmedabad can vary between doctor experience, hospital and location. Yet, no matter which city you prefer to undergo the procedure in, the price is usually only a fraction of the cost charged in other developed countries.
The cost of treatment also depends on factors like the type of infertility treated, age of the woman or need of any additional treatments.
Looking for an IVF Treatment?
Fill Out the Form Below for an instant Appointment with the Doctor
Advantages of ICSI
- ICSI can be useful in men who have impaired sperm in the ejaculate.
- ICSI also increases the chances of fertilization during In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
- It effectively works in conditions when the sperm is incapable of penetrating the egg membrane.
- ICSI is an excellent option for men who have a vasectomy.
Disadvantages of ICSI
- Risk of damage to embryos or eggs during the procedure
- Higher risk of genetic problems in the child due to fertilization of weak quality sperm
Why choose Nisha IVF for ICSI?
- Nisha IVF Centre, Bopal, Ahmedabad is among the leading fertility centres of the country. Our centre is one of its kind IVF Centre that offers affordable IVF services coupled with world-class technology.
- Nisha IVF is headed and managed by a team of highly experienced and proficient gynecologists and IVF specialists like Dr. Nisarg Patel, Dr. H. B. Patel and Dr. Himali Maniar Patel.
- For most of our patients, we are compatible with having success in the very first cycle of IVF procedure.
- Apart from traditional assisted reproductive techniques (ART), we offer the latest and much-improved ART, including IVF, ICSI, IUI, Oocyte Donation, Cryopreservation and Embryo Screening, Blastocyst transfer, etc.
- We perform fertility treatments using advanced techniques that minimize the side effects, stress and duration of the treatment.
- Nisha IVF Centre in Ahmedabad is well-equipped with state-of-the-art operation theatres, IVF station along with rooms. We ensure our centre is on par with the sanitation and cleanliness protocols as deemed necessary for healthcare.
What is the success rate of ICSI at Nisha IVF?
The success rate of ICSI treatment in Ahmedabad by the fertilization rate is around 80%-85%. With ICSI, couples with male factor infertility have obtained 70% to 80% of fertilization rate for all injected eggs. This rate is nearly equivalent to fertilization with normal sperm. The pregnancy rates achieved with ICSI are relative with those gained through IVF in couples without male factor infertility.
Book an Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
Couples that go for ICSI with IVF have around 30% to 35% chance for twins and a 5% to 10% chance for having triplets or more. Carrying multiples increases the possibilities of developing complications like Gestational diabetes during pregnancy and childbirth.
According to research, children born with the assistance of infertility treatments like IVF and ICSI probably don’t have any risk of health problems.
ICSI is a safe and efficient procedure for couples with male factor infertility. It can improve the chance of fertilization for couples with low fertilization in a previous IVF cycle.