Planning for Pregnancy
Planning for a baby is the most exciting phase for a couple. However, the couple has a lot of responsibilities and concerns on the other hand. Although our bodies are capable of incredible things, that doesn’t mean getting pregnant is easy for everyone. Therefore, it’s essential to prepare your body for pregnancy.
At Nisha IVF, one of the leading IVF Centre in Ahmedabad, our team of highly experienced and proficient gynaecologists give expert advice on planning your pregnancy during preconception consultation. Our main focus is to fulfil your dream of parenthood by providing the most suitable fertility treatment.
How Nisha IVF Centre Assists You To Get Pregnant Naturally?
Natural pregnancy occurs from unprotected sexual intercourse. Here, the man’s sperm ejects into the vaginal canal. Then, it penetrates the woman’s egg and fertilizes it. Later, the fertilized egg (embryo) implants in the womb resulting in pregnancy.
We first advise couples and individuals with difficulty in conceiving to improve their chances of getting pregnant naturally. From how and when to have intercourse to lifestyle changes, the following activities can increase conceiving chances.
Monitoring ovulation and time intercourse is the most important thing a couple or person can do to improve the chances of a natural pregnancy.
1. Ovulation and Timed Intercourse
- Ovulation, or the release of an egg by a woman during her menstrual cycle, is important for conception. An egg remains active for 12 to 24 hours after being released from the ovary. Hence, a couple must have sex on or before the ovulation day. Monitoring ovulation, as mentioned below, is the most efficient way to do this.
- A woman who has a regular period of 25 to 35 days most likely ovulates regularly. It typically occurs two weeks before the woman’s menstrual period. For a regular 28-day cycle, ovulation should be expected on days 13 to 15.
- Our fertility specialist may test women with irregular periods or no menstruation to see if ovulation occurs. If ovulation does not occur, we will pursue various fertility treatments.
2. Monitoring Ovulation
Ovulation kits or calendar tracking may be used to check a woman’s ovulation. The following are some ovulation tracking methods:
- Luteinizing hormone (LH) level monitoring:
Using these over-the-counter urine analysis kits, we can monitor changes in LH levels. Ovulation occurs typically within 12 to 36 hours after these levels rise.
- Cervical mucus:
Monitoring ovulation with cervical mucus is a low-cost alternative. It is, however, difficult to interpret and has low accuracy.
- Basal body temperature chart:
This ovulation tracking method is a less practical alternative. Since it detects ovulation after its occurrence. This device monitors a woman’s body temperature, which can increase by 0.5 degrees after ovulation.
3. Lifestyle Improvement
- Couples who want to get pregnant should work together to increase their chances of success.
- Men can follow these activities to ensure the health and fertility of their sperm. And women can do them to improve their reproductive function.
- Women seeking to conceive should keep their average body mass index (BMI) between 19 and 25.
- Being underweight or overweight may affect fertility and pregnancy health. Obesity or overweight may harm a man’s sperm health.
- Eating a well-balanced diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables can help improve the chances of becoming pregnant and ensuring a successful pregnancy.
- Quitting smoking can increase your chances of conceiving naturally and without delay. It also reduces the chances of miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy, and premature birth.
How will Nisha IVF help you to Get Pregnant with Fertility Treatments?
Finding out that you or your partner cannot get pregnant can be upsetting and challenging to deal with. Don’t worry, at Nisha IVF Centre, we offer the most effective fertility treatments for both men and women. Infertility treatment can bring hope to people wanting to have a baby.
You and your partner may need investigations to determine the cause of your infertility. Sometimes, the problem occurs in the woman, sometimes in the man, and sometimes in both. In some cases, the cause of infertility remains unexplained.
2. Fertility Treatments Available at Nisha IVF Centre
Infertility treatment usually aims to either fix the underlying cause of infertility or use an assisted reproductive technology like IUI, IVF to help you conceive a pregnancy.
Treatments for Female Infertility:
- The medication that is best for you is determined by the cause of your infertility.
- Hormonal drugs like clomiphene (the generic name for Clomid) can aid in ovulation stimulation.
- Medication or surgery can repair the blocked or damaged fallopian tubes.
- Surgery, laser therapy, or medications can treat endometriosis and fibroids.
- Intrauterine insemination-IUI is placing sperm directly into the uterus, bypassing the cervical mucus.
- In vitro fertilization-IVF is a well-known form of infertility treatment. Here, an embryologist collects eggs from a woman’s ovaries and sperm from a man. Then, incubates the eggs with the sperms to initiate fertilization in a laboratory. The fertilized egg (embryo) is then placed into the woman’s uterus.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection-ICSI is an elective procedure of an IVF treatment. It involves injecting sperm into an egg in the laboratory. Then, inserting the fertilized egg or resulting embryo into the uterus. ICSI is used to treat male infertility associated with sperm problems.
At Nisha IVF Centre, we frame the price of our assisted reproductive techniques so that you can afford them at an inexpensive rate. Know the exact IUI, ICSI, and IVF Cost in Ahmedabad here.
Treatments for Male Infertility
The treatment that is ideal for you is determined by the reasons for your infertility.
The following are some of the treatments:
- Sperm retrieval (the process of extracting sperm) for use in assisted reproductive procedures, such as timed artificial insemination.
- IVF using the male partner’s sperm
- Eating a healthy diet and avoiding cigarettes and alcohol can help improve sperm quality.
- Another way to get pregnant is by donor conception. In assisted reproductive treatments, fertility experts can use donor sperm, donor eggs, and donor embryos.
If you’re planning for pregnancy, book an appointment with our experienced gynaecologist for a preconception consultation. They will give you expert advice on planning your pregnancy.
Frequently Asked Questions
In most cases, it requires about six months to a year for a couple to conceive. If you haven’t been able to achieve pregnancy after a year of trying, you should visit your fertility specialist. A physical disorder with the ovaries, uterus, or testicles may be a prominent cause of infertility.
In their 20s, women are most fertile and have the highest chance of being pregnant. Your pregnancy risks are lowest when you have the greatest number of good-quality eggs available. At 25, the chances of getting pregnant after three months of trying are just under 20%.
40 to 45% of women who take pills ovulate and get pregnant. As many as 50% of women who ovulate due to hormonal injections become pregnant. The drugs are typically the first-choice infertility treatment because of their low cost and relative convenience.
There are many possible reasons, including ovulation irregularities, structural problems in the reproductive system, low sperm count, or an underlying medical problem. While infertility can have symptoms like irregular periods or severe menstrual cramps, the truth is that most causes of infertility are silent.