IUI Treatment in Ahmedabad
Welcome to Nisha IVF!
Are you keen to experience the happiness of parenthood?
Is infertility reducing your chances of pregnancy?
Then, undergo the initial treatment to achieve pregnancy the Intrauterine Insemination (IUI). IUI is a simple and most reasonable fertility treatment.
Visit Nisha IVF and consult our fertility experts for detailed information on IUI treatment in Ahmedabad. Also, get to know whether IUI treatment is the right option for you.
IntraUterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment in Ahmedabad
IUI is an assisted reproductive technique meant for those patients who are unable to conceive naturally. Intrauterine insemination is the method of placing high-quality sperms into the uterus during ovulation.
The fertility expert injects the sperms as close to the tubal opening as possible. IUI shortens the tedious journey of sperm to meet the egg in the fallopian tube. It is a less-invasive method of fertility treatment.
Who is an ideal candidate for IUI?
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is suitable for the following candidates:
- IUI offers a chance to men with low sperm count or low sperm motility to give their sperm a head start by inserting it right in the fallopian tube.
- IUI method is beneficial for women who have severe cervical mucus hostility. This condition rejects the survival of sperm before attaching the egg.
- Women who have a good quality egg reserve and healthy fallopian tubes are ideal candidates for IUI treatment. Here, we can get high-quality sperm samples from a donor or your male partner.
- IUI is beneficial for patients who have difficulty in vaginal intercourse due to physical disability or psychosexual problem.
- IUI is also utilized when there is a need of using donor sperm due to severe male infertility or absence of sperms.
- It is also recommended in other causes like cervical infections and endometriosis in female partner.
How much does the IUI Cost in Ahmedabad?
The IUI treatment cost at Nisha IVF centre in Ahmedabad is much affordable compared to other fertility treatments like IVF, and ICSI. The cost of any fertility treatment mainly depends upon the complexity and need of the couple’s infertility case.
Send us your details and we will connect with you to discuss your case and find out the best suitable cost.
Steps involved in IUI treatment
Stimulation of Egg Growth:
Our fertility expert will prescribe the female patient some oral or injectable medications to stimulate the growth and development of eggs. The injections are administered in your stomach area or the top of the thigh. You have to take oral medication for five days, and injectable medication for 8-12 days based on how the ovaries react.
Ultrasound and Blood Monitoring:
While on injectable medication, you may need brief ultrasound consultations every two to three days to monitor the ovaries and egg development. Blood tests assist in checking the hormone levels associated with egg growth and ovarian function. Through this testing and monitoring, we assure everything is proceeding safely.
Induction of ovulation:
The patient receives an injectable, i.e. trigger-shot, that induces ovulation within about 36 hours. The nurse at the clinic will give the shot, or you can self-administer at home.
A sperm sample from the male partner is provided, or a donor sperm sample is thawed and handled in the lab. The technician will wash the sperm sample to eliminate the debris, immobile sperm, and materials in the semen during preparation. We’ll get a high concentration sperm sample after the final procedure.
Just like a regular pelvic exam, a woman rests on a check-up platform. Our fertility expert will inject the sperm sample into the uterus through a thin, long, flexible catheter. The whole process is virtually painless and needs minutes to complete.
After two weeks of insemination, follow up blood testing or a urine pregnancy test kit will determine the result of pregnancy.
Why choose Nisha IVF for IUI?
- Nisha IVF Centre is one of the best infertility hospitals in Ahmedabad. We offer reliable and cost-efficient fertility treatments, coupled with the latest technology.
- Nisha IVF is headed and operated by a team of experienced and skilled gynecologists and IVF doctors in Ahmedabad like Dr. Nisarg Patel, Dr. H. B. Patel and Dr. Himali Maniar Patel.
- Besides conventional assisted reproductive techniques (ART), we also provide the most advanced and upgraded ART, such as IUI, IVF, ICSI, Cryopreservation, etc.
- We offer reproductive treatments utilizing the latest techniques that reduce the side effects and duration of the treatment.
- Nisha IVF Centre is well-equipped with the most modern operation theatres, advanced IVF lab along with specialized rooms. We assure our centre is on par with the cleanliness and sanitation rules as considered essential for healthcare.
Contact us and plan a consultation with our fertility experts. Let our expert team at Nisha IVF support you in conceiving a child through IUI treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
The success rate of IUI depends on various factors. On a moderate success with IUI ranges between 10 to 30 % per attempt. Cumulative pregnancy rate after about four IUI cycles will reach somewhere near 50%. After three to four failed cycles of superovulation with IUI, your fertility expert may recommend the option of IVF or ICSI.
IVF includes fertilization of an ovum and sperm outside the uterus, i.e. in a laboratory. Then, after fertilization, the Embryologist places the fertilized embryos in the uterus. Whereas in IUI the fertilization begins after placement of the sperm into the uterus.
Once the sperm is introduced into the uterus, it doesn’t expel out. There is wetness after the IUI procedure, but this is associated with the catheter loosening the cervical mucus.
How long should a person refrain from intercourse or ejaculating before an IUI? This will vary according to your circumstances, but it should not be more than 72 hours since his previous ejaculation to ensure optimal motility and shape.
The majority of IUI pregnancies occur in the first three to four cycles of IUI, according to statistics. Based on one study, 88 percent of successful IUIs occur after three cycles, and 95 percent occur within four. According to another study, 90% of IUI pregnancies occur within the first three cycles of IUI.